- That girls can walk down the street without fear of being cat-called
- That girls can enjoy a night out without fear of being spiked (or more)
- That girls aren't treated differently from boys
- That girls aren't restricted by gender stereotypes
- That girls aren’t judged on their appearance
- That girls have a fair, diverse and positive representation in the media
- That girls feel empowered in their contexts
- That girls move away from competing
- That girls don't feel fear from 'man'
- That girls don't feel they have to display their body to gain their worth
You may disagree, you may agree - that's ok. I want to encourage you to ponder your own wish for girls, and whilst you're at it, your one for boys too.
In response, my commitment is to turn these wishes into prayers and to continue the work of Belle to create a positive impact on girls in the 21st century.
My hope is that my upcoming book will champion girls across the nation and turn some of these wishes into a reality.
Until next time xxx